It's like twitter with complete sentences!
Sometimes informed, sometimes not so much. Not always coherent, always opinionated. Random.
Not your average kid with a keyboard.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Perspective.


Sometimes things or people in our lives turn out not to be who we thought they were, or in my case, exactly who we thought they were. Sometimes they're friends, sometimes family, sometimes they are just people connected to people you want nothing to do with. I know many of them; a few family members, tons of "friends", a best friend even. The worst thing about these people is once you finally make them go away, you can't trust them not to come back.

I can't even begin to count how many friend requests, text messages and phone calls I've gotten from old friends trying to get back into my life. I see them as insects; no matter what obstacle you put in their way, the always find some way to force
themselves back into your house. In some people this isn't a bad thing. Some people you just need space from, other times one or both of you need to learn or get something, but some people need to be tossed out on the curb with the trash Sunday night and hauled off to a landfill. It's hard to tell them apart, but I'm learning. Some times the only way to know is to give someone multiple opportunities to prove them self in one direction or the other.

There are a lot of people I've left sitting on the curb, but the thing about people is, they aren't like garbage cans. If you leave them sitting somewh
ere, they get up and walk away when you aren't looking. Then, when you least expect it, they show up on your porch or the other end of a telephone line.

Some people I'm not sure about. Time helps you gain perspective, which I hope I've done. I've recently made some decisions about several people. There's only one way to know if they're right, and if they aren't, Oh well. I'll take my chances. Some people are too important for the curb.

These feelings I can't take no more, this emptiness in the bottom drawer, it's getting harder to pretend, and I'm not coming back around again. -Avril Lavinge, Remember When

No comments:

Post a Comment