It's like twitter with complete sentences!
Sometimes informed, sometimes not so much. Not always coherent, always opinionated. Random.
Not your average kid with a keyboard.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Memory Lane

For a long time I have lived in a town that I am less than crazy about, on a street I don't really like, in a house surrounded by people I'm not huge fan of. I have been disconnecting from some people, most people in my area actually, and I couldn't be happier about that, but this town gets to me.

During the process of getting rid of people, I did things like change my phone number. The new number did eventually get to some people, but that hasn't been a problem yet. When the shock of "The Schooling Incident" had worn off, I realized that it wasn't just my school friends that were the problem. I began reevaluating my relationships with friends and family and taking care not to enter into any harmful situations again. I have made some small sacrifices, but when I think about it, they didn't matter that much after all.

Now, (thanks to facebook) I have been reconnecting with old friends, I even go places with them. Just last night I was planning a reunion party with a couple friends, who will bring their friends, and we will all meet people and listen to 90's boy bands, probably make fools of ourselves and film it. That's just how we have fun.

At the beginning of the summer, my mom and I revisited an idea we had gone over so many times: returning to the small town in the middle of nowhere we call home. Suddenly it wasn't an idea anymore, it was a full blown plan. We were driving around looking for places to live and buying newspapers. We began cleaning out our house and packing things. I talked to friends that live there, friends from kindergarten, from 3rd grade, people who actually want to see me.

Although I know there will the same kind of people there, I will continue to apply my new ways of thinking and evaluating. And I'll be doing from home this time, in a town I love, possibly on a street I grew up on, in a house surrounded by friends.

"Memory Lane, we're here again, back to the days and I'll remember you always, so much has changed, now it feels like yesterday I went away" -Memory Lane McFly

No comments:

Post a Comment