It's like twitter with complete sentences!
Sometimes informed, sometimes not so much. Not always coherent, always opinionated. Random.
Not your average kid with a keyboard.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Television.

SPOILER ALERT***If you have never seen Veronica Mars, Grey's Anatomy or Lost and plan to some day, DO NOT READ.

I am not an obsessive television watcher, but come between me and my shows and you will pay the price. Some of my favorite shows aren't on anymore, things like Veronica Mars, Heroes, and Alias, which pretty much means I can watch them whenever I want. But then there are things that are still in the middle of the season, leaving me hanging, not knowing whether or not my favorite characters are doomed or not.

I'm all for this Christmas, Holiday, Celebration and all, but it really interferes with my shows. So far, I have spent this t.v. break watching Veronica Mars, which got me wondering, Why must all my favorite characters die? Take Cassidy Casablancas for example. I loved him, fabulous character and then boom. It turns out he killed a bus full of people, blew up a helicopter, and raped Veronica. And then, of course, he dies. Then There was George on Grey's Anatomy. Favorite character ever. Great doctor. Gets dragged by a bus. On LOST, there was... Well, everyone died on Lost, but Boone and Charlie died long before they should have. Can I tell? Do I just know when someone is going to die and decide they're my favorite because of it? Or does whoever is in charge of t.v. just out to get me?

Then there is this REALLY terrible thing. Sometimes the magical t.v. man decides to cancel a show between seasons. They leave you without anymore of the story, no hints. What if we never found out who Veronica was hoping was at her door in season 1? It would eat at me forever. Just like the season three finale is still haunting me. I'll never find out if Logan's chivalrous but stupid attempt at defending Veronica's honor got him killed by the mafia. I'll never know where Duncan is, or how his baby turns out, or if he ever gets arrested. Granite, I probably wouldn't have found that out anyway.

I take t.v. very seriously. I watch the shows I watch when they're on. It's really only about 5 hours a week. But each of those stories are very important. When these shows are canceled, the questions live on forever in my brain. Perhaps there is something wrong with me and I just really shouldn't care that much about Logan Echolls. I want answers though, and I will go on. wanting answers and not getting them.

So dear magic tv man, if you are reading this, please, don't cancel anymore of my shows. It would mean a lot. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment