It's like twitter with complete sentences!
Sometimes informed, sometimes not so much. Not always coherent, always opinionated. Random.
Not your average kid with a keyboard.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

2011.

Hello friends, I stand here before you, on the eve of new years eve, a changed person.

Well not really. I don't feel any older. I don't look any different. I am the same person that was here yesterday and I will be the same person January second. This brings about a problem. This "Holiday" of sorts is false. It comes, spreading cheer, making children fight to stay awake, bringing promises of new beginnings, excitement and opportunities.

But really, there is no new beginning. Nothing starts over, not even the calender. People start the year sleep deprived and hung-over, not a very promising start if you ask me. And you have all the same opportunities you did last year.

Now I'm not saying I don't get involved in the whole holiday, staying up late, party thing. I do. I'm a very nostalgic person. I never pass up the chance to go over the past. But I never understood.

Now this year, my friend Emma believes, is doomed. She doesn't seem to be prepared for the "Starting over" part of the new year. Adding up all the things that went wrong in 2010 is the first thing that will go wrong in 2011. You can't really start over, but you can change things. Everyone, family, friends, strangers, follow this link and leave a comment telling her how much 2011 is going to rock.

Enjoy your holiday everyone, I know I will. I'll talk to you all again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment